Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Nitty Gritty

Vacation is less than 3 weeks away.
My bathing suit came in the mail yesterday.
I'm surprisingly happy with the top part of it.
The bottom... One word: balloon.
I look like a helium inflated black balloon.

BUT

I keep telling myself that I've made so much progress.
This is true.
What if I hadn't lost that 25ish pounds already?
How much more horrible would I be feeling about myself?

I've learned one thing for sure... I can't look at myself during this process and think negative thoughts. Big no no.
That turns into me feeling horrible, hateful, and wanting to eat the house down.
That's where this has all gone down hill in the past.
The weight isn't going to fall off over night... Maybe not even over the course of a year! But regardless, I'm having to constantly remind myself that I'm a work in progress... Especially when I'm standing in the mirror, looking at myself in my bathing suit, wanting to crawl in a hole and never come out.


No comments:

Post a Comment