Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Our Family Vacation

Just so you know, Chad & I will celebrate our 7 year anniversary next month. In those 7 years we have not traveled any further than Tennessee or Ohio. We were LONG overdue for a good vacation!

We chose the Fort Walton / Destin area of Florida. Not really sure why... It was just the first place I thought of so I booked a room and off we went!

 I took this picture about an hour into our trip... it was about a solid 10 hour drive!

 We checked into our room late that night around midnight (1am home time). The next morning I was woke up by this little goggle face - ready to hit the beach!

 
 Ava's little toes meeting the ocean water for the first time =)

 First family beach photo!

 My sweet husband wrote this in the sand.

 So glad I snapped this picture at the perfect time. The waves, Ava & Chad running, the color of the sky, the birds flying... perfect!

 Here we are at The Gulfarium, waiting for the Sea Lion show. That place was beyond wonderful!
 
 We ate frozen yogurt... almost everyday!

Ava rode go-karts for the first time... and loved them! Pretty sure she's going to be a thrill seeker like her Daddy... she sure doesn't get that from me!

 Ava took this picture of Chad & I acting silly!

MORE frozen yogurt...

 Love this picture.

 We ate at a place called Gilligan's and had some awesome food with an awesome view.

 Sand, seashell, & salt water. Oh, how I miss it!

 And then we had to say goodbye until next year...

 ...but of course I brought 5 pounds of sand home with us in a ziploc bag =)

It was perfect.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a great getaway!!! My parents have been there a lot and my brother and sister in law were married there ")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a blast!!! :) I can't believe how fast times goes. Ava is looking so grown up! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pictures! Glad you guys had a good time! Ava is so cute!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos of your family vacation! It looks like everyone had a great time and you were able to enjoy each others company. It's always nice to travel with the family.

    ReplyDelete