Monday, March 11, 2013

Favorite Grocery Items

Along with my usual fruits, veggies, & dairy products - here are some of my staple items that I like to keep on hand! 


 I make pasta salad with this. The whole box, FF Italian dressing, add in whatever veggies you like & VOILA! You get a ton of your daily vegetable servings and it's good for you! After I fix this entire box, I'll have leftovers for a few days and it makes the perfect side dish to almost any meal.


 I'm a sandwich girl. 'Nuff said.


 What can I say, I love my grains! I use these tortillas for EVERYTHING! 
Leftover taco meat? Throw it in a tortilla!
Tuna or chicken salad? Throw it in a tortilla!
Chopped veggies & salad dressing? Throw it in a tortilla!
Quick quesadillas too!
You get the picture =)



 I'm a Craisin NUT! I add these into cereal, on sandwiches, and especially into salads. They're also delish all by their self!


Here are a few of my favorite soups!



Seasonings are important - especially for those foods that are a little bland! I add these to shrimp, chicken, salmon, pasta, etc.


Ground Turkey.
Anything I would usually use hamburger for, I now use only ground turkey. Way less fat and so much better for you! The husband seriously cannot tell a difference.


















Schwan's Salmon Burgers are one of my favorites! I put these in a skillet with some lemon juice, seasoned salt & whatever seasoning I happen to grab from the cabinet. They're great for a quick dinner, too!


I use these not only on my salads but also on sandwiches, tortillas wraps, and different meats. Olive oil & vinegar is definitely my #1 choice right now.


2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blogs! I use a lot of the same seasonings but some I haven't tried...but I will. You have got me craving my healthy salads again!!!! Can't wait to go to the grocery this week. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't read this blog when I told you today I could reach into your pictures and eat your food! Everything you cook or cook with looks so good! Lol love reading your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete