Sunday, March 10, 2013

Motivation.

Surely I'm not the only one whose motivation levels go up and down constantly.... right? My mind set is in the right place and I know this but I can't deny those moment when motivation goes out the window and the Reese's Easter eggs (yes, plural) take over.

But then I get little nudges here and there reminding me that I am still in this lifestyle change for the long run.
To better myself.
To be a better wife.
To be a better Mommy.
To get back to being ME!

This weekend I got two invitations on Facebook to join in two different walks... an Autism Awareness Walk (which I think is just awesome :)) - taking place in one month, and a Cancer Coalition (5K!!!) Walk/Run - taking place in 2 months. Note that the 5K is a walk (slash) run. I'm definitely planning on doing the Autism Awareness Walk... but the other, I'm just not so sure. It's not that I don't think I could endure the 3.1 miles. It's more to do with the fact that I keep imagining my 24 year old body out there walking at a turtle pace while 50+ year old folks pass me by, running. Embarrassing!

I would have automatically declined both of those invitations a month ago and said there is no way my body can handle that... but today, I know I'm working towards getting healthy and in one month I'll feel even better than I am today - so I'm motivated to make the next month as successful as possible.

In other news, I ordered me some lovely new workout duds and I cannot wait for them to come in the mail. Sometimes a little retail therapy is motivation enough! I've never owned Merrell's but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on these - nearly 50% off the original price! Plus, I have a thing for blue & gray tennis shoes =)

I'm not sure if it's the time change or the beautiful Kentucky weather this weekend, but I'm feeling an overflow of motivation to continue in bettering my life. There is just something about Spring time that just puts me in the best mood!



Goal for the week: Make time to exercise at least FIVE times.
I've totally been slacking on my exercise so I think that making goals each week is completely necessary for me.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Taryn you have inspired me! You are doing a great job with your blog. You have a wonderful family and Ava is just adorable! Sounds like you're doing great with your goals! Keep up the good work! I miss working with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet, Lashei! I miss working with you too! I think it's time for you and Jackson to come visit JCB!

      Delete
    2. I know! I miss it terrible:( even tho I know im where I need to be. We will come for a visit soon! You won't believe how much he's grown!

      Delete