Monday, March 11, 2013

What I Do!

Getting into a good routine of eating my meals at certain times have really been key to doing good! I always try to have my breakfast and lunch planned and prepped as much as possible - which usually doesn't take any effort other than making sure I have what I need on hand.

Breakfast usually consists of oatmeal (with no toast =( womp, womp) some type of fruit on the side & coffee. Pretty simple but this keeps me full and satisfied until lunch time. On the weekends, I get a little wild and go all out with some turkey bacon & egg whites with a side of 35 calorie toast. That's really my favorite! Add some onions, seasoned salt, & hot sauce to the egg whites and they're so good!

Coffee w/ 2 Caramel Macchiato creamers. Mmm!
Bananas & Cereal

My lunch time differs each day... sometimes it's at 10am (brunch!) and sometimes it's at  1pm. Let me tell ya, either of these lunch times stink! I'm either still full from breakfast at 10am or I'm starving and ready to eat the house down at 1pm. Regardless of what time I end up with, I make myself have what I would have if I had a NORMAL lunch time. On a typical day I'll have some soup with a turkey sandwich or a salad with soup or a sandwich.

Supper is usually my least thought through meal of the day. I'm still trying to come up with ways to make our normal meals healthy and appealing to the picky husband and picky daughter. Booooo.

SCHWAN'S Salmon burgers & Fire Roasted Veggies.
Whole wheat pasta & ground turkey - husband has no idea it isn't hamburger!
 Any healthy dinner recipes are appreciated =)

For snacks, I try to keep fruit, veggies, and yogurt - especially frozen grapes. If you guys haven't tried these, put those babies into the freezer!
Yogurt is always the easiest snack to keep on hand!

Frozen Grapes! Green grapes are just as yummy, too!


I'm still learning guys... and I'm reminded of this daily as I make wrong choices or look back on my day and feel disappointed about the things I've given into.

As far as exercise goes, I may be old fashioned and simple but I LOVE walking... with the weather not very dependable - I turn to old faithful. Walk Away The Pounds.
You can find the YouTube version of WATP {{here}}. I have a 3 mile DVD here at home and I just love it - and so does Ava!

I've also been doing SkinnyMeg's arm workout video too! You can find it {{here}}. I LOVE reading her posts - she was my main motivation for starting this blog, so you should check her out! Her video is basic enough for me at this point (since I've never worked out with weights before) so I'm loving it!

That's it folks!

5 comments:

  1. I love walking! It helps me clear my mind while exercising. You are a great inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your intensity! Good luck making regular meals
    healthy and healthy meals appealing! Im sure pinterest
    has some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love walking, too! It's so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will get me some of those salmon burgers from the Schwans man! I had forgot about them but there's that yummy looking picture again of them and the veggies! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a pretty good chicken tortilla soup recipe that is low in fat and calories. If you'd like it just let me know and I will send it to you.

    ReplyDelete