Monday, March 4, 2013

Through the years...

I often ask myself how I ever let this happen to my body? I still don't have the answers. Could I have really just cared so little about myself? Was I pre-occupied taking care of my husband and my daughter? I just don't know.

I gained 75 pounds during my pregnancy! Within my daughters first year, I lost most of that weight. I was 20 pounds away from my pre- pregnancy weight and was content with my body. So... I stopped trying to lose. Which meant I stopped caring, resulting in me gaining gobs of weight over a period of time. My weight has gone up and gone down since.



I'm in the brown dress... and this was me at my happiest weight. 2006 - I was around 165ish, which is still a little chubby for my 5'7 frame - but I loved my curves and was 100% confident in myself. I can't wait to feel like I did at this point in time.


This is me, still in high school, in my favorite little t-shirt with my hubby's name on it. Hubby was quite fond of me in this shirt also ;)


Here I am, 6 months pregnant. I had gained about 30 pounds at this point.



This picture was taken one year after graduating high school/getting married. I'm on the right.


Ava was 2 here. I had lost a lot of weight before this picture but had began to gain back.




Ava was 3 here. I actually felt good about myself in this picture because I was wearing jeans again. I had just lost about 30 pounds here.

With my skinny SIL & MIL, the following year as I put on more weight.

Ava's 5th birthday... Skinny husband looks like a toothpick next to me!


WHO is that person?!
Last Memorial Day at the Lake. I HATE this picture but it's reality. No make up. HUGE. and eating, to beat it all! lol


The most recent.... Christmas party with my skinny friends - who got cropped. Ha!







These pictures were not easy for me to post... But if I can't admit to my flaws, I'm not likely to try to fix them. 

So there it is!

7 comments:

  1. Taryn I think you are beautiful! I also think you have the prettiest head of hair of anyone I know! I'm sure I've told you that a million times! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the follow :) You have such a cute blog! And I admire your honesty. I wish you the best on your goal and I agree with April, you and your hair are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taryn, I commend you for being so honest! It is easy for me to post a pic of myself as long as it has just the right view so as to not show my triple chin or huge rolls. I crop and adjust the camera to make me look as little as possible. Thank you for your encouragement to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your sweet words! I need all the encouragement I can get! Lacey, the saddest part is that all of my recent photos are like this... I can't even avoid bad pics anymore because of how I look - which results in me staying behind the camera and having no pictures with my family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taryn I LOVE to read your blog! You're such a good writer. Your little Ava is a doll and you are beautiful also! I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss goal! You can do it girl!! Keep up the good work!
    ~Latasha Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taryn, thanks for saying the things that I feel too!!! It is so easy to stop caring and lose control. That is exactly what I've done. Your honesty encourages me to take another look :) thanx

    Heather Smith

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are and have always been a beautiful girl. Like you, I'm not the same self though that I once was-not in appearance and not in personality. This weight has been dragging me down in a lot of ways. As somebody that has also gained some weight in the last few years, I understand the dread of seeing people and having to go out in public KNOWING that everybody that sees me is thinking AND saying things about how I have changed. They can't understand how I could let myself get so out of control. Well, neither can I. :(
    I am happy to see that you have reached a point in your own life to regain control and find yourself once again. You are right-THAT person is not you and this person is NOT me. Thank you for starting this blog. I wish you much success. You have inspired me to do the same. Our children deserve to have mothers who have the energy to keep up with them. THANKS AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete