Thursday, March 7, 2013

Why Do I Blog?

I started this blog as a source of encouragement and accountability for myself. My friend Ashleigh, who blogs over at A Cat and A Boy, had mentioned that she would like to start blogging. From the moment she mentioned this, I couldn't stop thinking about it... so here I am! She's going on this weight loss journey as well so you should check her out! It's so awesome having her on this ride with me.  She also inspires me to get over my fear of spray tans =)


{{This is me & Ashleigh in our purple bridesmaid dresses from a wedding last summer... in a church with no air... on the hottest day of summer. And yes, I realize I cut off half of my face. That was totally on purpose... seriously.}}

I also want to hold myself accountable for my weight loss. If I announce to the world that I'm going to maintain a healthier lifestyle, I feel like I'm going to be much more enthusiastic about keeping up with it rather than losing a few pounds and losing motivation.

One more reason...

So much positive feedback!! I have had so many people respond to my posts and gave me so many encouraging words. Again, I cannot thank you all enough for saying such nice things to me. Those sweet words help me through each day without eating the house down =)







I LOVE the feedback guys, so keep it coming! Each time I see a new message in my inbox I get excited!









P.S. - On Wednesday, Ashleigh & I decided to go load up on healthy groceries together. This adventure taught us some very important stuff...
1. Quinoa is not pronounced 'kwin-o-uh'. It sounds more like 'keen-wah'. Thank you, Ashleigh!

2. Aspartame is not pronounced 'az-part-uh-me'. It sounds more like 'as-par-tame'.

3. Green tea is disgusting, even though its very good for you. Earl Grey green tea is quite delicious. Stop torturing yourself, go get the Earl Grey!

4. These Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters are goooooood. Perfect little sweet snack to get me through the evening! Oh, & that EOS chapstick is the best!

5 comments:

  1. I actually like regular green tea so I will have to try the Earl Grey green tea. Do you sweeten yours with anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I add one packet of Splenda and it makes it perfect! You definitely have to try it!

      Delete
  2. To stay constantly busy is a hard trial. First of all, for your stomach when you have no time for cooking. To simplify it a little bit, I've created a special list of quick recipes:
    Recipes & Ideas for On-Campus Cooking.

    ReplyDelete