Thursday, March 7, 2013

Taco night!

I love tacos... Hence my previously post about my love for Taco Bell. So the husband agreed to a weekly taco night - Thursdays. Why not?!

I found a recipe for a taco bake and thought I'd give it a try. Give me a recipe with only a handful of ingredients and I'm down! I'm not Paula Deen or the Pioneer Woman so bare with me.

1 can of reduced fat crescent rolls
1 can of fat free refried beans
2 lbs of ground turkey
1 pkg. of low sodium taco seasoning
1 can of rotel
A little sprinkle of taco blend shredded cheese

Look at those ingredients! Easy peasy & all low calorie / low fat! 

Brown your ground turkey & add taco seasoning when it's completely done. Mix it up really good and then add a can of drained rotel. Leave this on the stove to heat while your crescent rolls are baking.

Roll the can of crescent rolls out in the bottom of a casserole dish and bake at 350 just long enough to get the edges brown.

Pull the dish out of the oven & spread the can of ff refried beans on top.

Add an even later of the turkey taco seasoning mixture on top of the refried beans. (I had a lot of the meat mixture left over so I'm going to freeze it or make taco salads this weekend with it!)

Add a handful of shredded cheese on top and bake until the cheese melts & voila! Delish & quick dinner.

I also had some Doritos on hand so I crunched up just a handful and spread them across the top. Oh, and ranch makes everything better, right? Light ranch, that is!

I loved this dish and most importantly - Chad & Ava also loved it. It has a very small amount of fat if you use these ingredients and it couldn't be any simpler! 


Happy FRIDAY, y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Yummy!! I will have to try this! Love your blog girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks so good! I need to try this recipe. You always have the best looking food! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris and I both love Mexican! I will have to try it his week. :)

    ReplyDelete