Monday, April 8, 2013

AdvoCare Day 1

Hey y'all! It's my birthday! 
...And instead of eating CAKE, I'm eating healthy stuff. 
Wooo, go me!

This morning I woke up about 45 minutes earlier than usual so I could get started on my Advocare 24 day cleanse. I'm just going to jump right into how I had my day planned out.

6:30 - Spark & Catalyst
(click on either of those words to find out what exactly they are!)


7:30 - Breakfast
I mixed my Fiber drink with some orange juice & water to thin it down some and it tasted just like pulpy orange juice - which I happen to love! I also had some fruit that I let soak in a little lemon juice last night, 1/2 cup of whole grain oatmeal with one packet of Splenda, and two boiled eggs. This is obviously a big breakfast, but the instructions suggest you have fruit, protein (eggs), and a complex carb (oatmeal) within the meal so this is whats recommended, not just me pigging out!
Whoa. That's a whoppin' big breakfast! I seriously couldn't finish it all!
 10:30 ish: Snack time!
I had some almonds with sea salt & a banana... oh yeah, and water.
(I believe my pee count was at about 6 at this point. TMI?)
Simple but very filling!
 1:15 - Lunch
I fixed a BIG yummy salad with tomatoes, spinach, sugar snap peas, onions, 1 boiled egg, diced butternut squash, and grilled chicken. I added some oil & vinegar dressing and it was perfect! I had everything pre-packaged in the fridge so it was an easy fix and no time was wasted trying to prepare it.
4:15 - Snack & Spark.
I chose to have my second Spark for the day at this time so I can come home from work, get a little energy boost and maybe be productive in the house (Pshh, yeah right!)

7 - Dinner
I knew I would be at my parent's house at this time so I packed my little Gladware up and took my food with me so I could stay on track! I had two pieces of salmon and some peas. I really could have been more creative with my meal but I'm trying to use the foods that I have on hand without wasting so peas is was!


Did I mention it's my birthday? ...and did I mention I didn't eat any of MY cake that {{Heather}} made for me?! This was a really hard decision because she makes the absolute best cakes ever but I'm totally committed to do this challenge as close to 100% as possible so... no cake!



9 - last snack of the day
Again, I knew I wouldn't be at home so I packed my snack with me.
Carrots, baby tomatoes & Supremely Spicy Hummus <3



Bedtime - Herbal Cleanse supplement & Catalyst

Well day 1 is over and it went great! I'm so glad I took the time to plan and organize everything ahead of time, otherwise today would have been tough. I was never hungry throughout the today... if anything, there were many moments when I was super full. 

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great...I wouldn't have had the Will power on my bday! You are Such a great example for me :)

    ReplyDelete